Maddy & Shane's Adelaide Hills Wedding
I was lucky enough to photograph this gorgeous wedding in early November 2017, and I have to say I am still giddy over what a beautiful, love-filled day this was.
Maddy & Shane are "high school sweethearts" having been together for over 10 years, and they say no couple is perfect but these two come pretty close!
Not a pair to do anything by halves, Shane surprised Maddy with the proposal on top of the Empire State Building(!) in New York while they were on holiday celebrating 10 years together in 2016.
After a year of planning they pulled together the most stunningly beautiful, DIY wedding held on a private residence in Gumeracha, Adelaide Hills, Australia.
The reception was held in an original and working 1840's barn, which the couple spent many weekends clearing, cleaning and transforming from working barn full of hay into the beautiful bar and dancefloor area you see below.
Some highlights from the day were:
- The gorgeous vows they both wrote, which both referenced Shane making Maddy her coffee every day, for ever, so cute
- Their gigantic, beaming smiles that did not disappear once
- Their first dance, holy moley you guys, Maddy did a full on Dirty Dancing run and leap across the dance floor into Shane's arms. It was spectacular.
- Getting to put my camera down and boogie for a solid couple of hours - legendary clients
- Fabulous local wine from Unico Zelo and a DELICIOUS signature Gin & Tonic from Applewood Distillery of Gumeracha
- Ah, the sparkler exit... no explanation needed!